This page has moved to a new address.

Daddy`s Girls

Life Under the Sun: Daddy`s Girls

Friday, August 17, 2012

Daddy`s Girls

This morning Ernie took Lukas biking while this little one (and the middle two) was stuck at home w/ me. On the way out the door, Ern was stopped by Lethei asking to come too but Ernie said he would take her later, as she would not be able to keep up with him and Lukas. He suggested she read (look at) books while she waited. While I was on the phone with my mom, Lethei got a chance to talk and told Grandma all about being left out. She did not mention either to me or to Grandma that Daddy promised her a turn later. But when she finally got her turn, she had a grand time and told me all about it.
Yesterday, Lici went over to church to watch The Little Princess because it is on VHS and unlike the church, we have no VCR. She wanted Ernie to watch it with her (it is a story about a dad and a daughter) and he did watch some of it, but spent the rest of the time in his office, she told me. At the end she got upset because she had trouble figuring out how to turn it off, and Daddy saved the day. She loved the movie, loved the dad in the story, and loved watching it in close proximity to her dad.
My girls are eager for approval from their dad. Knowing that he likes them makes them glow, makes them more secure in their otherness and more appreciative of his. Being daddy`s little girl gives them time to be little girls, not so anxious to grow up, but protected, treasured.
And some other time I`ll write about how they`re my little girls too:) (and about the boys).