This page has moved to a new address.

Slimed

Life Under the Sun: Slimed

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Slimed

Lici went to a birthday party in the park Sunday afternoon. And Monday Ern and I put up slate on our fireplace. But mostly this week is marked by trying to make the best of it while struggling with a nasty, sticky, icky, snotty, slimy, sneezy, wheezy cold. Ugly, hacking coughs in the middle of the night. Everybody seems to have gotten it. Achy head and body and general grumpy growly feeling. Some of us handle it better than others.



But today I'm reading Ping for the kids' Read Around the World week and I'll talk a bit about China. It's been a little over ten years now since I taught English as a second language there one summer. I took a boat ride on the Yangtze River where Ping spent his days. I'll definitely have to point it out on the map. I still have a number of items and pictures from those weeks. Maybe I'll wear my Chinese top in red, the color of happiness. Hopefully nobody will sneeze on it.