This page has moved to a new address.

Ecc Study Three

Life Under the Sun: Ecc Study Three

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ecc Study Three

Study Number Three

Read Ecclesiastes 2:1-11.

“chasing after the wind”’

“Hey, big party at Tornado’s after the game.”
“My favorite restaurant.”
“They have great milkshakes.”
“Are you going, Abby?”
“Of course.”
“Your hair is so pretty, so long and shiny. I wish mine looked so nice. You look great in your cheerleading outfit too. I feel like my legs look fat in mine.”
“You’re not fat.”
“Yes, I am. Patrick said so. Didn’t you hear him after I sang the last song at the commencement concert? He said ‘It’s not over until the fat lady sings.’”
“Patrick was just making a dumb joke. He’s so full of himself. Nobody listens to him.”
“What do you mean nobody listens to him? He’s one of the most popular kids at school. You don’t have to listen to him because you’re one of the few who’s more popular than he is. You’ve got it made. You’re smart, pretty, head cheerleader, and probably next year you’ll be women’s school president. A lot of girls want you to run. I’d vote for you.”
“Really? That might be fun. I’ll have to try it.”
“You should.”
“Even if I don’t make it, it would be fun to try. I’ll start thinking of some possible campaign slogans. All for Abby. Absolutely Abby.”
“Sure. You really like high school, don’t you? I don’t like it so much. But it’s a lot of fun for you. You get invited to so many parties. What do you do at them?”
“Oh, nothing much. We just eat and talk mostly, sometimes play volleyball or go swimming. It’s just fun, you know? And my folks don’t mind as long as I keep up with my schoolwork and get home by curfew.”
“You never seem to worry about looking right or saying the right thing or being with the right people.”
“Of course, I do. All the time.”
“Well, I can’t tell. But you do get upset easily sometimes.”
“I guess I’m kind of sensitive. Is that bad?”
“No, no, that’s not bad.”
“People just need to let me be me. I let them be themselves.”
“Sure. You’re great about that.”
“Well, I think it’s really important.”
“Oh, I agree. You’re absolutely right.”

Questions to Answer

1. How are laughter and pleasure meaningless?

2. What kind of people are Abby and her friend? What do they value? Are they happy?

3. Do you pursue pleasure—if so, what kind? Does it or can it satisfy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home