This page has moved to a new address.

Church Shopping

Life Under the Sun: Church Shopping

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Church Shopping

I'm a discriminating consumer. I like to get a really good deal all the time, if possible. If I feel I could get a better deal somewhere else, I'll probably take it back.
Sometimes I've found myself thinking about church in this way, that I could get a better deal somewhere else and should do so. But to be honest, I'm rarely completely satisfied w/ purchases or people and I think it's the dissatisfaction that's the problem more than the what I'm dissatisfied w/.
What I'm not saying is that there aren't times when churches are doctrinally unsound or not challenging you to spiritual growth and you should move on. What I am saying is that it's not necessarily the church and its programs more than other programs anywhere else that will satisfy. You can have great challenging teaching/preaching coming at you every week and get nothing out of it. You can have less inspiring exposition and get more. You must be engaged in the learning and growing process. No one else can do it for you. If you're in a good church, you can help it become a better one, and more importantly, you can search your heart and allow God use His Word to grow you. Growth involves change. Check out your baby pics if you don't believe me.
The biggest difference, I think, between church shopping and the other kind, is that you are an important part of the product. And that's my thought for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home