This page has moved to a new address.

Life Under the Sun

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My kids don't like waiting in lines. I don't either. It's hard with a whiny toddler in need of a nap, not to mention three other squirrely ones, to exercise such patience and self-control and encourage them to do the same. Sometimes, it just doesn't seem like whatever it is is even worth the wait.
But if I make the decision to leave or exchange a long line for a shorter option, I pray I will do it graciously, without conveying frustration, without losing my testimony.
When we took a walk the other day, a lady walking her dog mentioned she thought she'd seen me and the kids at Safeway the other day. I didn't remember her, but immediately found myself hoping we'd been better behaved than usual. Sometimes I really wonder if we're much of a light at all.
But then this morning I read a letter Lici wrote to a little friend. "Are you a Christian? Do you know Jesus as your Savior? Do you like math? Do you like books a lot? I do. I love you, Lici." Of course her spelling wasn't perfect, but I was touched with her heart, first and foremost concern for her playmate's soul.
May God keep working on us until He comes or takes us home.
I pray that through our cracks, His light will shine.