This page has moved to a new address.

Birthday Prayer

Life Under the Sun: Birthday Prayer

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Birthday Prayer

Lethei's so excited about her birthday's coming. She will be three. I hope for her, for each of my kids, to know God, belong to Him, have a strong faith, be encircled by Him, moved by Him. I pray that when Christians are self-righteous, argumentative, simple, sinful, broken, they--my children--will be gracious, see God at work, looking to Him and not to them, not to these people. I pray that when Christians are humble, helpful, giving/sacrificing,  passionate/praising, sincere, they--my children--will see God at work, looking to Him and not to these. I pray that when unbelievers are striving, floundering, swilling, wondering, they--my children-- will speak of God at work, of Him, and He will be seen in their lives.
I want for them to be first and foremost His children, His representatives, His spokesmen, for after all, He has only lent them to me for a time. May He ever be Who they see and Who is seen in them. With every birthday, this prayer is mine for them.