This page has moved to a new address.

Life Under the Sun

Thursday, April 19, 2012

There's nothing quite as embarrassing as kids making a scene in public. Today Lukas knocked over a grocery cart with the other three in it. He was trying to be helpful, I think, but they were overloaded on one end. The whole thing toppled over. No one was hurt but sales clerks came running and kept saying, "If you need any help--"  "If there's anything we can do--" Like call social services because you're an unfit mother, I hoped they weren't thinking but was afraid they were.
I was very glad we were on the way out.
Grace reveals itself most in the way we handle imperfections, big ones and small ones. I'm glad for and dependent on that grace that helps us keep going and not give up, or at least not give up for too long :)
I'm still very much a work in progress and so are my kids.
I like that kids' song, "He's still working on me to make me what I ought to be. It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars, the sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars. How loving and patient He must be. He's still working on me."