This page has moved to a new address.

Moonblood Review

Life Under the Sun: Moonblood Review

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Moonblood Review

Moonblood's author Anne Elisabeth Stengl obviously has a fantastic imagination. I really enjoy how she undergirds her interesting characters and what happens to them, with allusions to Christian ideas like the need for mercy and forgiveness, that absolving ourselves isn't possible. I also appreciate her allusions to classical concepts. I love the way this book deals with appearance versus reality and the nature of true beauty. However I do feel that there's just almost too much going on in this book--it's just a bit too complicated, with the different plots past and present, all the complex characters, and all the allegorical ideas. Still I appreciate this author and hope she keeps writing. I received this book from Bethany House in order to review it.