This page has moved to a new address.

Proverbs 31

Life Under the Sun: Proverbs 31

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Proverbs 31

 I just received a sewing machine from my folks, for a belated birthday present. The scarf is a present as well. I'm not sure I'll accomplish much with this sewing machine. We'll see. No, I don't think you have to sew to be a Proverbs 31 woman :).

Dad and Mom honored a couple women in their church for their service, all kinds of interesting ways in which they've contributed, from noticing a boy with a foot they knew could be medically corrected to decorating bulletin boards and buying tubs full of baby clothes at garage sales as well as doing more ordinary but hugely helpful things like teaching Sunday school and putting together flower arrangements.

Proverbs 31 shouldn't be intimidating because certain aspects of it describe all godly women, all women of God, and I might even add, all people of God:  industrious, praise-worthy, planning worthwhile endeavors for others' benefit, helping those in need, speaking words of wisdom, God-fearing, unafraid of the future because it is held in the hands of the One they live for.