This page has moved to a new address.

Life Under the Sun

Friday, October 5, 2012

It seems like every day Felicity has a new best friend. And Liam every few days or so. Only Lukas sticks with one person, a boy he believes shares his faith. It takes work to be a friend and it requires unselfishness. My kids--and I--struggle with both. I make it harder yet on myself by thinking it's all up to me, that I can turn them and myself and others I minister to into godly people by something I say or do, while I forget Whom the power resides with, forget to rely on, trust, depend on, relax in, turn to Him.
We spend time at home trying to be better friends to each other by coloring, playing with dolls and cars, building forts, and enjoying make-believe games together, as it gets colder and Canadian Thanksgiving draws closer. We cuddle up and read on the couch and after stories, learn about God together. May He truly touch our hearts and be a light through us. May it all be in Him.