This page has moved to a new address.

Life Under the Sun

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Walk with me. Hold my hand. Be my partner, my friend.
Lukas held his little sister Lethei's hand and helped her up hills and over rocks to cross the stream on his class trek to the ravine. Lici held her little friend Jade's hand almost the entire trek as well.
Liam held Lethei's hand to cross the street to church and made sure that she and he and I were able to cross with no cars in sight.
Lukas and Lici often hold hands as they run across the field to school.
Ernie and I have been holding hands for over ten years now and while sometimes we hold our little people's hands as well, it's holding each other's hands we feel as the warmth, the comfort of belonging, of partnership and true, deep friendship, and home.