This page has moved to a new address.

Life Under the Sun

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Today I was driving the kids to school, trying to see out of still very frosted windows. They were arguing, fighting again. I'm so often praying in my head, praying that God will get me through the moment, sometimes thanking Him for getting me through, for bringing me joy and blessings, for being who He is. "Dear God," I prayed out loud this time,  "I'm having trouble driving and the kids are distracting me. Please help the kids to be good." And like the calming of the storm, they stopped arguing and I breathed thanks.
Last week I was scrounging around trying to fix Liam another quick lunch as he'd left his to freeze in the van and consequently didn't have anything to eat when the time came. I asked God to help me know what to fix him as we were short on groceries and what we did have just didn't seem lunch appropriate. And it was as if God guided my hands and brain as I put together a trail mix with chocolate chips and different kinds of
cereal, poured juice into a thermos, and made a quick sandwich. In these little things, does God hear me? Does He care? Yes, I believe He does. Other times I don't feel His presence. But He is still there. I know with something in me that can't deny Him even in the darkest of times. Perhaps in part because I've seen His faithfulness in the small moments. I am not alone.