This page has moved to a new address.

Life Under the Sun

Friday, January 18, 2013

Bender's Live Second greatly challenged me, particularly to be more actively organizing my time so that I'm more truly giving it to Jesus. I often make excuses, but "God is not at the mercy of our weakness," and "above all God wanted His people to walk humbly before Him." Bender doesn't mince words and doesn't belittle either the greatness of our sin and Christ's sacrifice nor the hardships we encounter when we surrender to living second. "God wants complete undivided love for Him." He wants us to love and sacrificially serve others. He wants us to share our faith.
The testimonies of others in this work are probably encouraging though I wasn't able to access them this time yet hope to in the future. The urging to tweet and share seems like it would help with accountability but could get one caught up in comparisons or greater subjectivity. I'm not completely sure why Bender urges targeting movers and shakers, so strategically trying to multiply greatly through the great. While I don't think we should overlook anyone in sharing our faith, I feel we should simply be faithful with those whose lives God opens to us whoever they are, often perhaps not so powerful people (though certainly not always). Then again, I struggle with sharing my faith, period, and am convicted to be more used by God in this way with whomever. I recevied an ebook copy of  Live Second for the purpose of review.