This page has moved to a new address.

Life Under the Sun

Saturday, March 16, 2013

I've always found it really frustrating when people pretend like, or maybe they actually believe, that they not only have no problems of their own, but they also can solve all your problems. I also don't like the you wouldn't believe how brilliant and accomplished I am type.
You see, that ugly fleshly me with all its pride and competitiveness rares up and is determined to beat down the best of 'em. You can't tell me I'm worthless or inferior (ironically, I've identified their problem and am about to fix it; sound familiar? I can be just like those folks I get frustrated w/). Or in the vernacular, "Nananana, you put me down, I'll put you down." (even though they may not realize their building themselves up equals putting me down). If that fails, then I resort to, "Oh, yea, well, I'm humble and proud of it!" (Ha!) 'Cause it's really really hard to compete when there's this voice ringing in the back of my head, saying you are too so inferior, so broken and messed up. It's a true voice. I can't even make excuses for my sin. It was me, not the other guy.
But I'm also a new person. Transformed. Hard to believe, sometimes. And it's a terribly slow work. (Every day, I am in need of God's help to be anything like He wants me to be). Still, it's a reality.
And if  those frustrating someones are in Him, so are they: messed up and renewed. And if they're not, they can be.
May God give us all grace with each other. How desperately we need it. All of us.