This page has moved to a new address.

Can't Stop Moving

Life Under the Sun: Can't Stop Moving

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Can't Stop Moving

After my oldest child, now six-year-old Lukas, was born, the nurses marveled at how long he was awake in the hospital nursery. He just looked and looked and moved and moved around for nine hours while all the other little newborns were worn out from labor and delivery and happy to sleep. He's been that way ever since, Very busy. At just a few months of age, not yet able to sit up or crawl, he'd simply lie on the floor, thrashing and flailing around, and I'd sometimes lie beside him and imitate him. In no time I was completely exhausted. I thought about taping him and marketing it as an exercise video.
He'd cry a lot too, bored, frantic for something new. As soon as he could move, he was everywhere, into everything, all the time, like a puppy dog, and neither words nor more forceful persuasions had much effect. The drive to discover was too strong. His body and mind always flitting toward the next thing and the next and the next. Entertain me. Something new. Now. He's a bit of a thrill seeker perhaps, definitely an activity seeker.
Guess what? So am I, though I can sit still for hours and am far too sedentary for my ideal health. I'm still easily bored, looking for entertainment, activity, something new, something exciting-now.
Help me to be excited about you, God, and satisfied with you and what you give me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home