This page has moved to a new address.

This Day For You, Lord

Life Under the Sun: This Day For You, Lord

Friday, January 14, 2011

This Day For You, Lord

Hubby gone to pastors' conference. I try to encourage 3 yr old boy and 1 1/2 yr old girl to play together nicely while I clean the table, unload the clean dishes, put in dirty, pick up the house, change a diaper. 3 yr old talks constantly about paper airplane while I sit down for a minute with coffee. Snow falls outside and falls some more. Baby not interested in early morning nap Mommy hoped for so's to get it in before leaving to pick up kindergartener, whose bus isn't running because of weather. So no nap. Bundle up both little people to brave the chill. Hating snowy city driving, skidding to stops when antilock break kicks in. Always hallucinating about some terrible accident waiting to happen. Heart rate, blood pressure up. Teacher's upset that 3 yr old wears boots inside the building but he didn't wear socks. Where's baby's hat? Crying, arguing, complaining in van on the way home. Reprimands. Messy, quick lunch. 5 yr old and 3 yr old call each other names. Meal over, some pleasant play, then more fighting. "She won't let me in the room." "I don't want to play with him." Spat resolved. More pleasant play. Nap time for grumpy baby. Too short-lived rest for other two. Some educational? computer games. Mom does quick devo. Biggest kid home. Supper. Homework. Talk with each other about this day and next. Baths. Quick family devo. Bed for kids. Dad and Mom talk, flip channels, check e-mail and phone messages.
How sanctified are we? How many times do I threaten my kids? How much do I trust God, know what He wants, do it?
How normal our lives are. What do they mean?
Be faithful in small things.
But all I do is fall short. My kids have dirty faces, sticky fingers, overactive feet, quick tongues and tempers and I--am much the same.
I need You, Lord, every day. Please be seen in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home