This page has moved to a new address.

Life Under the Sun

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I sometimes feel that organized evangelicalism is an excuse to fight over unimportant details that have nothing to do with faith in God but more to do with feeling important, feeling special. How odd that we want to do something to be special when Christ's death for us makes us loved beyond imagining. Being His should be more than enough.
Sometimes someone does nothing but serve, through her personal sacrifice, through his unselfish, unassuming generosity, pointing to the One who made that great sacrifice. When I look at these people, I don't feel  hurt or frustrated, I don't even think about them,  but am so drawn to their God. Then I feel less overwhelmed or even crushed by the churched and instead  wanting to truly and actively be a part of the church, God's bride. His.