This page has moved to a new address.

The Perfect Mom

Life Under the Sun: The Perfect Mom

Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Perfect Mom

You know the type. The one who always looks immaculate: make-up, hair, clothes neat and stylish, put-together. Her kids also look like they came from a magazine shot. And they're smart and well-behaved, speak politely to adults and never fight with each other, let alone with other kids. She's gracious and neither too quiet or too chatty. She has a beautiful, well-ordered home and is a great cook. She never stops working and achieving. Sigh. Such a picture makes a lot of us--me, for sure--want to throw up, or at least bury my head in my pillow and cry. It's an impossible ideal for me. She can have my job and maybe I'll go work for a chocolate company. Is there a job for tasting chocolates?
Well, maybe we shouldn't abdicate just yet. God made me my kids' mom. He gave me them and He gave them me. He did the same for you. So guess who is the perfect mom for our kids?
Don't doubt what God has done. Praying for help w/ this one.  He is by His grace working in our lives and our kids' in the situation He's put us in. He made us frail and weak so that we would give way to Him, if only because of recognizing our desperate need. He can do great things with weakness. As we seek His heart, He'll be seen in us and there is nothing better than that.
Like Esther, we're where we are for a reason, for such a time as this. Super mom has nothing on you or me. W/ Christ all things are possible. And let's not forget, no matter what happens, He's at work, and it's all for His glory.
So guess what, I think we're better off not trying for that "ideal" I described, but for who God wants us to be--who we are, under His control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home