This page has moved to a new address.

Life Under the Sun

Saturday, April 21, 2012

I've been a single mom the past few days as my husband's been gone on a church retreat. I'm so glad he's finally coming home tonight. While there is something so sweet about having someone to share your life, yourself with, there is no way that person can be your all in all. Only God can fill in all the spaces and only through the pain of letting Him do so, stopping the search for that satisfaction elsewhere and settling down into Him. I'm not there. I still keep searching. Every day is a challenge to quit it. To really accept that I cannot make myself happy. No pursuit but the pursuit of Him is ultimately fulfilling. Teach me, Jesus, and please, for once help me retain this knowledge. So much book knowledge just keeps slipping out of my head that I guess I should not be surprised that I cannot seem to hold onto this either. But others can aid us in the holding on. They can hold us accountable. They can attest to their also recognizing what we painfully discover, whether they precede or follow us. They can follow with us. We can be knit by the same purpose though we cannot be that purpose for one another. Tonight when my husband comes home to me, we may hold each other but we will be held by the One who sustains.