This page has moved to a new address.

A Little Creativity and Homemade Play Clay

Life Under the Sun: A Little Creativity and Homemade Play Clay

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Little Creativity and Homemade Play Clay

The boys helped me make two pies yesterday afternoon, raspberry and strawberry. Actually, I've been doing a lot of baking yesterday, for me anyway. Sunday I took two quiche and an apple cake to church and I've made muffins and biscuits and cobbler all in the past couple weeks or so.


Today the kids and I made modeling clay, a simple recipe calling for two cups flour, one cup salt, two tablespoons oil and a half cup water, also several drops of food coloring. It makes a great play clay.

I've been thinking about getting a sewing machine and trying to sew something more than a simple mending job, which is virtually all I've done since junior high home ec. class.

There is something satisfying about creating something, perhaps it's part of the being made in the Creator's image. But nothing compares to the gorgeous people, plants, animals, landscapes He's responsible for, out of nothing, no less.