This page has moved to a new address.

Life Under the Sun

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Yesterday we had a tea party, just the family. I put out some nicer and some sturdier tea cups, saucers, tea pot and sugar and creamer. I urged my boys to be gentlemen, but they gulped down the tea and the girls turned up their noses at it. Lukas kept asking to be excused before we were done. We had three courses: finger sandwiches, meat and vegetable pie, and scones, fruit, and cookies.
And while it was a lot rowdier than the church ladies' tea we'd had a few days earlier at the Rutherford House, it was in some ways just as nice or even nicer. Lukas thanked me for it. Lici told the boys all about how it was "just like" the Rutherford House tea, as she'd gone with the church ladies. Ern said it was fun.
If I'm always waiting for the kids to grow up before I pull out any of my nice china or we see a Shakespeare play or go to a concert, I've a hunch they won't be much interested in those things then. And think of all the fun we'd have missed out on.