This page has moved to a new address.

Life Under the Sun

Monday, January 7, 2013

There's nothing quite like a three-year-old. Mine told me the other day that when she grows up she plans to name her little girl after me, "Mom." I finally broke down and told her I have another name and then tonight when we had over company for dinner, she all of a sudden decided to call me by it.
She's cute and exasperating at the same time. She wants to eat nothing but noodles, except for when she doesn't want to eat noodles, of course. She's loves ballerinas. She's crazy about Cinderella and she wants to marry a prince. I want her to fill her heart with Jesus. I recently gave the kids notes I wrote them. I wrote her that my prayer for her is that she trust Christ as her Savior and live for Him. She asked me if she could write God a letter and I suggested she pray to Him and then I helped her to do so. The thing is, I'm really not so sure she understands and am afraid she prayed just to please me. I still pray that she'll come to know God and see her need of Him. She is sweet and she is a joy but she's also a sinner in need of transformation. I've so much hope for her future. I love her more than I can describe, yet my love for her and my plans for her can't compare with God's, and I want to leave her in His hands.