This page has moved to a new address.

Life Under the Sun

Monday, April 22, 2013

I read that I should replace complaining with thanks, coveting with contentment, criticism with love, rebellion with submission. And I am impacted because God's Word is the reason for the charge. But do I let it work?
I watch the people gather in pockets of likeness, the trendy lint, the wealthy lint, the intellectual lint, the emotional. I want to belong somewhere. But I wonder if the lint shouldn't just be thrown away. There's still garment left. But it grows threadbare until it seems lint is almost all that is. Still, even the slenderest of threads has beauty and potential.
Between the is and the should be exists a seemingly insurmountable gap. So very few cross it.
I read books and do laundry in my little rooms.
How to make a difference, to reach out, to be empty and filled, in this life under the sun?