This page has moved to a new address.

Life Under the Sun

Monday, April 1, 2013

While I read Kevin and Sherry Harney's Organic Outreach for Families, I kept thinking "Wow, these people are incredible." I was very challenged to live more openly with our neighbors, striving to make them part of our lives, to interact and to be a light. I  appreciated the suggestions as to how to naturally incorporate a ministry to your children and through your children into your life. But I also felt like while what they did was a good fit for them and their gifts and opportunities, it might not be a recipe for me. I'm praying God will help me be much more of a light, truly seen and known by those around me and clearly pointing to Him, in a way that fits the less outgoing, more introspective, not so sporty person I believe He has made me to be. Maybe God will lead me to shelter my kids a bit more than this family did. Maybe I won't be as intimately involved in counseling and witnessing to so many people. But I do want to make an impact and I'm stirred by reading about how God has helped others do so. Mostly I'm encouraged because I'm reminded that I have the same God who can work through me as well.
I received this e-book from Book Sneeze in order to review it.