This page has moved to a new address.

Things I Love About My Husband

Life Under the Sun: Things I Love About My Husband

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Things I Love About My Husband


He listens. He provides. His hand on my hair. His desire for both of us to be all God wants for us. His compassion for others. His small, daily efforts to care for me--picking up my prescription w/ my recent sinus infection, checking out library books he thinks I'll like, giving me a break from the kids, sweeping the floor, and oddly, the other day, the table.
He wormed his way into my heart by stretching me. He taught me to roller blade, tried to teach me to ski. He had his own appreciation of the literature and philosophy I liked to discuss. He made me question my self-assurance, my resting on my laurels in my faith. His gentle conviction, that he really wanted to make his life count in service for God, moved me. His people skills were and are imperfect, too much at times and not enough at others, but oddly I'm the same way and we often take turns, balance each other out. He has a nerdy laugh. When we were dating, it seemed he was always falling off the sidewalk when he walked. I fell a lot too, down snowy hills, out of a tree. I'm awkward at much of the daily business he handles smoothly, small things like shopping for groceries and talking on the phone. He takes care of me and never belittles me and I appreciate him and admire him and love him so much.

1 Comments:

At February 3, 2011 at 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always thought he was a great guy but thanks for shareing this for the 'whole world' to see :) Love you both!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home