This page has moved to a new address.

A week or so in the life

Life Under the Sun: A week or so in the life

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A week or so in the life

Ern and I have taken turns being sick the past two weeks. Meanwhile, our basement flooded from incessant rain and an electrician who left the basement window open and turned the sump pump off. Ern drove his grandpa to the hospital to visit his grandma who then went into surgery. An interesting man put soffit and fascia on our house, laughing evilly to himself from time to time. Our eldest distinguished himself at school by getting in trouble for pushing a kid--again. We didn't get any mail, thanks to the Canada Post's strike, and my mom's effort to send my a bday card from the States was rebuffed, though they told her she could fed ex it for thirty-five dollars.
But I had a good time filling in for the high school Sunday school class at church. We had a great discussion on post-modernism vs. Scripture. Of course Scripture won hands down. It really wasn't a contest, but just an effort to see what the philosophical position is and how it fails to match up to scriptural truth. I enjoyed the class so much I almost hope the regular teacher can't teach it next week either.
During the evening service discussion of the millennium, I sat behind a man who's been to church several times. After the closing prayer, I tapped him on the shoulder, intending to introduce myself and ask him his name again. Nothing like the frustration of a brain that doesn't do as well as one would like at keeping track of people. He jumped like I was a cop who had caught him in a criminal act. It was evident he'd been crying. I'd thought I'd heard sniffing during the prayer but had assumed it was someone else with a cold. I was touched by his emotion and even more so by his effort to conceal it. He left quickly, as he always has though Ern said he'd visited with him for quite some time before the service started.
And at a birthday party Felicity went to this week, another mom shared with me from her heart, with no effort to pretend to be anything other than what she was, and to her, I was a complete stranger.
God is greater than our circumstances and yet He chooses to work in and through them, both those that are less pleasant and those that are more so. He is faithful

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home