This page has moved to a new address.

Lego lessons

Life Under the Sun: Lego lessons

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lego lessons

The boys love Legos. Liam especially could spend hours building things with Legos and playing in imaginary Lego lands with his little blue helmeted Lego man.
Like him, I've a tendency to build castles in the air, to live in the imagination, or some hoped for other existence that maybe I think might someday be real or maybe I know is pure fantasy.
There's so much to enjoy in the here and the now and while dreaming has its place, I hope I don't fail to appreciate what is in longing for what isn't or what I think might some day be. Funny thing about that tendency that if I keep it up even if I get what I think I want I won't probably be happy with it either. It might also be good for me to remember that it's probably not all I think it is anyway.
I'd take Liam over that blue helmet guy any day, hands down.