This page has moved to a new address.

Speak out, trust and obey--like a child

Life Under the Sun: Speak out, trust and obey--like a child

Monday, July 25, 2011

Speak out, trust and obey--like a child

A few weeks ago, we went to Radium and had fun as a family hiking in the mountains and swimming in hot springs. Friends let us stay in their condo there.
While we were there, though I enjoyed the beauties of God's creation, I was most struck by my oldest's efforts to share with others about God. Almost immediately, after we arrived, he approached a group of motorbikers at the condo next door to us and said to them, "Do you know about God? God loves you."
"Sure, kid," they said. "Do you want to see our bikes?"
I must admit I blushed a bit in embarrassment. He was so direct.
A couple days later, he urged a Muslim boy on the playground to become a Christian now, ask Christ to be his Savior on the spot. Lukas was very concerned that the boy didn't know about the Bible, though he did know about God. Though Lukas's overzealous efforts prompted me to remind him that it's the Holy Spirit, not us, who convicts people of their need for salvation, I was personally convicted by my son's boldness and prayed that God would give me even a little of it.
Perhaps, it's another example of our need to become like an un-self-conscious (if that's a word) child who simply does what he knows God wants him to without thinking about the challenges, awkwardness, or rebuffs he might face. Just trusting and obeying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home