This page has moved to a new address.

Dead Driver

Life Under the Sun: Dead Driver

Friday, December 16, 2011

Dead Driver

It's been a while since I posted last! So much has happened, not the least is that God has opened doors to keep us in our ministry for a while longer.
I've been thinking a lot about my favorite verse, Gal. 2:20. This Wed. I talked to the kids about it. I asked them, "Are Christians dead?" Of course, they said no, but after I read this verse, I asked, "What does it mean to be crucified with Christ?"
Lukas said, "Not to do bad things anymore."
I said, "What is it you want to do when someone is mean to you or when you don't get to do something you want to do or Mommy tells you to do something?"
Liam says, "Like when you don't get what you want for Christmas?" They're a bit fixated on Christmas right now. Apparently Liam is worried about it.
"I get mad," says Lukas.
"Is that what God wants us to do?" I ask.
General shaking heads "no."
"So we're to die so that Christ is seen," I said. "Christ lives in us. We want to do what's bad but God can work in us so that we do what pleases Him instead." Then I said something, kind of corny maybe, about letting God drive the car of our life.
The thing is--it's so much easier to say it, to teach it even, than it is to do it.
Frankly, I want certain things from my life, and I'm afraid those wants of mine are about me, not God. It's time for me to die, having died already, or at least, truly stay out from behind the wheel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home