This page has moved to a new address.

Life Under the Sun

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

To have someone else take your pain away for you, even if it were truly possible, wouldn't be in your best interest. That pain has purpose. Nor do I want to be trying to take away others' pain. Lepers cannot feel pain and this disorderedness is part of what destroys them. Experiencing pain teaches you to value what is worthwhile, what is lasting, teaches you to be careful, to make wise decisions. I wish neither more pain nor less for myself and my family, just enough to press out dross until the process is complete.
And I pray for wisdom to know when to pursue something, even though it brings pain, when that pain is purposeful, and when to see that it isn't purposeful, isn't where I need to be. To neither thoughtlessly inflict pain on myself or others nor fly from all pain.
Once again, it's that endless quest for balance.
I'm thankful I'm not without guidance in it.